Friday, January 20, 2012

502M by L'oreal

I just maybe the only nail blogger out there who is still into matte finishes and because of this I was happy to find a bottle of L'oreal's 502M Titanium Matte polish just a couple of weeks ago.  I loved 500M & 501M and of all of the matte polishes that I have purchased, this line was the best of the best.  It dries with a smooth, satiny finish and can last for days and not just a few hours, which was the case with many of the matte polishes that have come out in the last few years. Its formula is not 100 % perfect though.  There were a few bald spots and some minor bubbling (I did lay it on a little thick) but I don't have any serious complaints about it. The colour is a classic, a very deep wine tone that no matter what colours come and go, is a mainstay for even a casual polish wearer.  The colour puts me in mind of the ruckus that Chanel's Vamp caused when it was released in the 90's.  That was really the first time I can recall a nail polish garnering a cult following, especially after Jennifer Tilly wore it in what was the Watchowski Brothers best film...
And That Film Is NOT "The Matrix"!
Despite owning nearly 500 hundred bottles of nail polish, I only have a single bottle of Chanel.  Perhaps that would change is Vamp were still available in Canada as it is in the U.S.  Oh well...

2 comments:

  1. I just bought it, and I love it too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry for the late reply but yes, there's just something so sophisticated about it that it became one of my favourites right away!

    ReplyDelete