Monday, January 16, 2012

Cool Couture by Maybelline

After the polish disaster that was Purple Trend, I'm glad to say that another polish from the same Fall 2011 Maybelline line is definitely not hideous.  Mind you, Cool Couture is a terrible polish name that almost makes me long for the terrible puns that OPI always seem to come up with.  A cool dark grey with a good amount of teal shimmer, Cool Couture has a great finish and decent durability, even though I needed 3 coats to make it look its best.  I can't really complain about that as it is a quick dry polish. The shimmer gives the colour some depth to it and was the main reason that I picked it up.  There's been plenty of deep, cool toned creme polishes this fall so I didn't really need to get me another one but I can't help but notice  in this photo that the polish is making my skin look a little pale.  I don't have an issue with that but I can't help but wonder if it would make someone with a much paler complexion look really washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment