Sunday, June 2, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand: Quick Pics & Review



The latest trend in nail polishes is the textured polish, which seems to translate into "makes your fingernails feel like they've been covered in sand paper".  This might partially explain why OPI decided to make their new finish Liquid Sand.  For me, I really like how this type of polish looks but I don't particularly like my nails feeling so gritty and scratchy that I'm afraid to rub my eye for fear of cutting my corneas.  Here's some photos of what I've picked up so far:
Stay The Night from the Mariah Carey Collection
Never a fan of the singer's music but at any rate, I still very much like this polish with it's glitter that lacks all the sparkles which usually comes with a glitter polish.  If they made a version of this with orange glitter in it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat because it would like the the lava and ash from a volcano.

Jinx from the 007:The Bond Girls Collection
I hadn't planned on buying Jinx but when I saw it in the store, I couldn't resist it.  Its coral/orange/gold tones are a perfect summer shade and I'm going to be keeping this one on my toes for a while.  Mainly because Liquid Sand polishes take more time to remove than the more traditional polishes and I've found that using pure acetone is the best way to remove them.

Vesper from the 007:The Bond Girls Collection
This one was the shade I had originally stepped into the store for.  It almost looks like mud in the bottle and lacks reflective properties but I'm still found of it.  I love a deep dark purple.

What Wizardry Is This? from the Oz: the Great & Powerful Collection
You know what other colour I like?  That's right...Green!  What Wizardry is This? is more of a khaki and despite being a dark colour, it has lots of sparkle to it.  I took a purposely blurred photo to emphasis that fact.
What Wizardry Is This? from the Oz: the Great & Powerful, Out of Focus
I've noticed a few nail bloggers have found the dry time on Liquid Sand polishes are very long but I've found my experience to be different.  These polishes dry to a matte like finish which usually dry quicker than a more traditional polish does and that made these my "go to" polishes during tax season when I worked a lot of overtime and did have much "me" time.  I also like that they stick to your nails like glue and can wear them for up to a week at a time and not see a single chip.  Tip wear, yes but no chips!

So I'm not sure how long this trend will last. It wasn't long ago every polish company was rushing out "crackle" polishes that are now heavily populating clearance bins or magnetic polishes that are collecting dust on store shelves.  I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts....





No comments:

Post a Comment