Thursday, January 13, 2011

MAC To Launch Wonder Woman Makeup Line & Me Into Bankruptcy


Clearly, This is Not the Time Diana Poked Out Her Own Eyes so She Could Defeat Medusa!
Hot on the heels of my moaning about too much cross branding comes a collection that is calling my name, loudly!  Those who know me know how much I love the Princess of Power.  I still buy the comic book to this day and I have an extensive Wonder Woman collection consisting of:

  • A WW doll collection that includes an original beat up 1970's Lynda Carter
  • T-shirts
  • Posters
  • Books
  • Statues
  • Mugs & lunch boxes
  • Hundreds of WW comics  including issue #204 when she gets back her powers and her costume after losing them during the rise of Women's Lib and also finds out she has a black sister:

Hippolyta Molded Her Out of a Darker Coloured Clay, No, Really!

I digress, but then I love to digress!  Despite being a devoted fan,  I'm positive that I won't be running up to the MAC counter and doing a grand arm sweep of stuff right into my bags, I'm still picky!  I'm sure to pick  up a blush and a lipstick, but I have to express my disappointment that there isn't a single nail polish in this collection.  Check out some of the stuff below:






I haven't included the entire collection because the cosmetic cases and brushes do not have interesting  designs and honestly, I find the range of colours a little bit limited. MAC is considered a trend setter so I find it surprising that it appears that there's only one shade of lipstick and gloss.  White pigment?  Why not gold?  I know she wears a star spangled bathing suit but I thought there would be something else that has gold tones in it besides the bronzer.  She got a golden lasso, everybody so what's up with that?  All that aside, I am planning to pick up some of these and my birthday is in March, the same month this collection launches (hint, hint!)!  Anyone out there feel inspired by the collection?



3 comments:

  1. The Lipglass is calling my name! I'll probably pass on the rest though.

    I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I just saw this! Looks like there will be np!!!

    http://www.temptalia.com/mac-wonder-woman-collection-for-spring-2011#more-27879

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail Polish!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for the link and the compliments, I'm glad to see that the collection is a lot larger than the first images I found :)

    ReplyDelete