Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OPI Launches Yet Another Cross Brand Collection

With all of the recent polish OPI polish collections that teamed up with well recognized brands such as Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Serena Williams, I can't say that I'm all that surprised to hear about Sephora by OPI's announcement today of the Glee nail polish collection.

Due to be released in February, the colours are described as:
  • Hell to the No (vibrant purple)
  • Slushied (opaque light blue) 
  • Gleek Out (a shimmering lime green)
  • Diva-in-Training (an on-trend poppy pink)
  • Who Let the Dorks Out (peacock green)
  • Miss Bossy Pants (a deep raspberry)
  • Mash-Up (a pearlescent green gray.)
I guess I'll have to reserve my judgement on the collection until I actually see it with my own eyes because frankly, all of this cross promotion leaves me cold. I know I'll see something from this collection and I'll buy it and you can call me old fashioned (or just plain old), but I just want polish companies to keep making awesome nail polishes.  I completely realize that as a business, they are going to want to rope in younger/newer customers by associating themselves with what's cool to the kids.  It's good business sense to  try to create brand loyalty, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not a fan of Katy Perry, Glee and Justin Bieber.  It's just my personal taste.  My favourite show is Breaking Bad and although I'd be very likely to buy a colour called Walter White, Methmouth Taupe or Blue Sky, somehow I don't think that's going to happen!
Definately Not Going to Happen!

I'd love to see a collection inspired by my favourite talented/weird lady, Janelle Monae but I believe she has she  has already posed for Creative Nail Design.
Because Lovelorn Lady Robots Want Nice Nails Too!

I guess what I'm trying to say  is maybe I'd like to see a collection that isn't aimed at teens but when it comes down to it, it's the quality of the product that affects my buying habits and not the brand tied to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment