Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dupioni by Joe Fresh & A New Frankenpolish

So it finally snowed in T.O. so I thought it might be a good time to break out Dupioni by Joe Fresh, a white shimmer that came in their Holiday gift set that included Midas.  This word rang no bells for me at all so I had to look it up to find that Dupioni is a type of silk that is often used in wedding dresses.  No wonder I never heard of it!  If there is one thing that is never mentioned in the same sentence, it's my name and wedding dresses!  Anyways, the quality of this polish is very good.  Yes, the bottle cap is a bit awkward to hold, but the brush itself is really wide and the formula is not watery which lead to a very smooth application overall.   I would have expected a white shimmer to be extremely streaky but this polish wasn't at all.  I'm not sure how often I would use this colour, since for some reason, I find white polish sort of makes nails look like they're fake, but I'm going to hang onto it because it's such good quality.

I've haven't been shopping yet in the new year but I wanted a new polish to play with.  So I grabbed some old polishes and whipped up a Frankenpolish so that I had something new.  I took Respect the World Nicole by OPI, Glow by Sally Hansen  and Creative Nail Designs Hyde in the Dark mixed them together and got this:
 
Hmm, Not Bad!
Left to Right: Respect the World, Glow, Hyde in the Dark & Frankenpolish
Although I'm really pleased with the result, it made me think of a couple of green polishes that I already had , namely Irene by Zoya & Leaf Him at the Alter from Sephora by OPI so I swatched them for a quick comparison:

Yay!  Looks like they're not that similar after all, since the frankenpolish has so much gunmetal in it and I've got a new toy to play with!

Last but not least, I would like to give a shout out to my very first follower, Jessica!  Thanks to you, I'm feeling a lot more motivated  to keep posting!   Until the next time, don't break a nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment