Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simply Smashing & Black Shatter

I finally came across Serena Williams’s collaboration with OPI, Simply Smashing with the Black Shatter top coat just before I headed over to my friend’s place for some Friday night wine!  I was really starting to wonder if I was going to miss out on it because the stores that I usually shop at haven’t been stocking anything new and I was really itching to get my hands on it.  Now I have mixed feelings about it.  Why? Two words: Black Shatter...

 See, I think that Simply Smashing looks great all on it’s own, granted that you’ll need three coats and not two (as pictured) if you want more even coverage and I find it suits my skin colour, but I can’t say that I was really feeling it when I applied Black Shatter on top of it:

It just seems like the polish underneath just gets lost under all that crackle.  Granted, it applied well, dried quickly and performed as advertised but I wasn’t wild about it.  Now that I come to think about, I kind of don’t like not having the option to choose the polish that I really wanted and being forced to buy something that I might not have in the first place.  I don’t know what OPI has planned for the remaining Williams polishes but I hope that it will include more choices.

I think that I will try Black Shatter with some different colours and see if I don’t find a combination that I like.  I noticed that other nail bloggers are using a bright pink base but I’m bored into tears with that colour combination...too tweeny for me I guess.

 And now, for no other reason than this is the CD that I am listening right now, The Damned with the Shadow of Love:


 Until next time, don't break a nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment