Monday, May 16, 2011

Nail Polish Spam-A-Lama-Ding-Dong

I've got a few photos of polish kicking around that are just waiting to get posted.  So without further ado, here's a bunch of polish.

I picked up Personal Shopper from Sephora by OPI in a boxed set with 2 other polishes for free with beauty points, Yay!  Lord knows I love good red and this one is a pretty good one.  This red creme had a smooth application, was glossy & opaque in two coats and had minimal staining when I removed it.  No complaints here!
This one's from my sister's stash.  Rockstar Candy from the Complete Salon Manicure by Sally Hansen is a lovely pinkish/mauve shimmer with a terrible name.  I dislike marketers slapping the word "Rockstar" on anything and everything in a lame-ass effort to make it sound like it's cool or edgy: e.g Rockstar Chef...ugh!  Regardless, this is a good polish that has a durability that is standard with this line.  It's a good choice if it's still available.

Canadian clothing retailer Joe Fresh continues to expand, both in locations and with their cosmetics line.  They have added 24 new polish colours for spring:  More than any other company that I can think off of the top of my head.  One of the new polishes that I picked up is Pineapple.  It's a yellow so bright it verges on orange.  I would have named it Mango. You'd think this polish would glow in the dark and I like it a lot.  The round brush handle is still difficult to hold but the brush itself is wide and I got good coverage in 2 coats  It's funny how sometimes the simplest image can bring out a memory that you don't expect.  When I took this picture, I immediately thought of this image:

I love Duran Duran and John Taylor & Nick Rhodes are awesome guys, but that colour combination wouldn't look good outside of a country kitchen!

Rose Blush by Estee Lauder is a polish that I bought by accident.  The salesperson at the store that I bought it from put the wrong polish in my bag and I didn't realise it until I got home.  At first I was pissed but then when I looked the polish, I knew that I actually really liked it and now it's one of my favourites!  Go figure.  it's a calm and warm, shimmery neutral that's slightly on the pink side.  It's light enough that a few little nicks or chips can go unnoticed so bonus points for that.
This golden oldie comes courtesy of my sister's collection.  As you've probably noticed from the bottle, Cuckoo a light green shimmer, is an old polish from L'oreal's Wear Extraordinaire line from God know when.  It's like OPI's Simply Smashing without all of the glass flakes and if you're looking for complete coverage, you'd need 4 coats!  If you like this one, you'll probably have a hard time finding it.  I think she bought this in Montreal and that would have been, I don't know, 10 years ago?

I'm still feeling just as nostalgic as I was feeling last week.  I guess sometimes when you're down, you want to think about happier times.  Because of this I've compiling a itunes playlist called My Favourite Songs of All Time.  It's a pretty wacky mix that would most likely reflect the tastes of someone with multiple personalities.  I've got no specific taste in music, I just love what I love but the choices are odd enough for it to include songs from:

Electric Light Orchestra
David Sylvian
Enrique Igelisas
Danielle Dax
Bauhaus
Gladys Knight & the Pips
John Hiatt
Nick Cave
Roger Miller
Janelle Monae

Actually David Sylvian's song Red Guitar is the song that kicks of my list and it keeps on worming through my ear, so I'll leave you with a little bit from the guy who was once named "The Most Beautiful Man In the World"
 

Lord, That man is pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment