Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anna Calvi & Bullish On OPI

So despite being really sick all last week, I had to drag my butt out to the El Mocambo last Friday because I bought tickets to see up and coming British recording artist Anna Calvi over a month ago and I didn't want to waste my money and mainly because she's awesome!


I understand that Brian Eno & Nick Cave are big fans so that was good enough for me to check her out and I really liked what I heard.  I shot that video myself, so if her lawyers are out there and would like me to remove it, just let me know.  Calvi has a signature look: She wears bolero pants with her hair slicked back and sports a smokey eye with red lipstick.  Considering how many female artist don't even wear pants, she's a breath of fresh air as far as I'm concerned.  So she got me in the  mood to wear red, so I picked out OPI's Bullish On OPI from their Spain collection last year.  It's a really nice red creme that's not too flashy.  I've been really into red cremes lately, especially if they aren't too bright:

Application was good but I've come to expect that from OPI to the point that it would be worth mentioning if mainly if the application was lousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment