Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peridot by Chanel

I have had a rough couple of weeks at work and was feeling exhausted and deserving of a reward for all of my efforts so I took a quick trip to my home town of Montreal and when I got back I decided to treat myself to my very first Chanel polish: Peridot.  I have to admit that I tried very hard to disguise the sense of dismay I felt when the salesgirl announced that the single bottle of polish I was buying would set me back about $30 CDN but I began to relax a bit when I got home and took it out of the bottle I could see this gold & green/blue douchrome is so damn sweet!  The gold tone puts me in mind of old tarnished door keys and the green is like the little touch of corrosion that occurs on copper that's been exposed to the elements.  Unlike a lot of douchrome polishes, this one photographed really well.
It's Green!
In terms of application, the formula is top notch.  I had very little streaking on my left hand (but a little bit of streaks occurred on my right hand), it dried extremely quickly and got full nail coverage (no bald spots) in just two coats.  But the best part is the fact that I wore it for three days and there were no chips, cracks or tip wear at all!  Peridot pretty much looked I like I had just applied it and probably could have went up to five days of wear.
No, It's Gold!

I may have cringed at the price tag initially but I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on something sub par, especially after after the disappointment that was OPI's Color to Diner For.  I will definitely try Chanel polish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment