Monday, August 6, 2012

Banana Republic Has Nail Polish...Who Knew?

And of course, I found it in the States on my trip to NYC last May and since it was 30% percent off the last sticker price when I found them, they cost me $2 US each.  Above is City Sidewalks, a name that made me think that this was possibly from a Christmas collection because the phrase mad me think of my favourite Holiday song, Silver Bells:

City sidewalks busy sidewalks . Dressed in holiday style In the air There's a feeling of Christmas...

I always start my Christmas shopping in August.  If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to afford to buy anyone anything if I waited until December!  Back to the polish:  This is lovely cool medium toned grey that even though I had some issues with streaking, I ended up really liking this colour very much and it looked great with the pink shirt I wore that day. 

 
This one is called Cranberry Sauce, so you can see where I'm getting the impression that this one was supposed to also be a holiday themed colour.  It's lovely but I literally have dozens of polishes that look like this.  That doesn' mean I don't like it and the formula for this was actually quite sturdy.  The polish was a bit thick but I wore it for three days and as you can see, there's barely any wear to it.  A good by for $2.


This last one is called Vixen.  This one is my favourite of the bunch because this is the type of colour that goes with everything.  Red, blue, yellow, green, purple, you name it and it will be complimentary to whatever you are wearing. One thing to note it the colour in the polish is so dense that bottle colour is achievable in one coat, which is what you see in the photo above.  Just one coat!

I don't know if Banana Republic will continue to offer nail polish but if there was a way I could keep buying it, I would!



No comments:

Post a Comment