Monday, August 30, 2010

Ocean Avenue by Silk


Ocean Avenue by Silk is another polish that I bought while visiting family in Barbados. I have tried googling the brand and polish name trying to find any information about it but so far, I've come up with nothing. I paid about $3 bajan for it, which works out to $1.50 CAN.

There is only two things that I can tell you about this polish:
  1. I love the colour! It really does look like shallow ocean water to me. In fact, when I went to the beach, I liked to hold my hands out in the water so that it looked like my hands were dissolving into the sea.
  2. This polish contains Toluenesil so if that ingredient is an issue to you, then this polish may not be for you. I'm not going to be wearing this polish everyday, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.
That's two coats and as you can see, there is visible tips but an extra coat should solve that problem. It's great how it still looks blue but manages to have the gold in it stand out enough that it didn't end up looking too green. The toluene can be an issue but I'm going to let it pass since my likelihood of finding another bottle of this brand is pretty slim. I'm going to leave you with a photo I took while leaning out of my cousin's car while driving up the west coast of Barbados on our way to the Animal Flower Cave.

Stash it/Pass it: Stash It

This is the side of the road...for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment