Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Go Goth Collection By OPI





 From Left to Right: Freddy Kruger, Unripened, Nevermore, Sanguine & Obscurity

Halloween is just around the corner and it's one of my favourite times of the year! There's always candy everywhere and TV networks tend to crowd up their schedules with horror movies, so what's not to love about that? A lot of polish companies come out with Halloween themed polish collections every year but this is one of the few times I've been able to find some without ordering online.  I found the set in Winners (yes, Winners again...) for $12.99 CDN.  First off, I really liked that they stayed away from putting an orange polish in this collection.  I might love Halloween but I hate the sight of orange and black together, ew!!! But as a former Goth girl, I have to say that these are exactly the kind of colours I wore back in the day in my home town of Montreal while dancing and drinking until the wee hours at the Thunderdome.


 Unripened & Nevermore

Unripened is black with blue shimmer throughout but in this photo, it's a little hard to catch the blue, but it's more apparent with the naked eye.  Nevermore is a deep purple shimmer but it ends up looking like it's blue in this photo.  Nevermore reminds me of OPI Ink from the Night Brights Collection.

Sanguine & Obscurity
Sanguine is a nice wine coloured shimmer that runs a little deep, without the gold and/or highlights that many polishes of this type often have.  Obscurity is a matte black and there just isn't much more one can add to that.

All of the polishes applied well despite the smaller brushes that come with tiny bottles.  Obscurity was the one of the collection that didn't have any staying power.  It was chipped by the end of the day. That's why I prefer a matte topcoat instead of matte polish.

If you are looking for a precious snowflake of a polish, you won't find it in this collection but I still like the colours because they are just so me!  But I do have a complaint and it has nothing to do with the polish.  WTF is up with the "free gift" of a piece of fabric they call a bracelet?
 What?  Really?
My sister thought it looked like the trimming on a pantie while I just thought it was useless.  It's times like these I have to ask: "What would Siouxsie Sioux wear?" 


Answer: Not That Bracelet, Bitches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment