Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Colours with Sally Hansen





Jumpin' Jade

I’ve got some Christmas inspired polishes today, mostly courtesy of Sally Hansen!  First up is SH’s Insta – Dri in Jumpin’ Jade.  Although not part of a holiday collection, this deep shimmery green made me think of Christmas when I first wore it, it reminded me of a Blue Spruce pine tree.  So much so, that I resigned only to wear it during the months of December!
See what a blue green that is?  As per all of the Insta – Dri line, the brush is super wide and flat which makes for much quicker application than a standard brush does and the wear was good, no chips or nicks for the few days  I wore it.

Second up is Emerald City, one of the permanent colours from SH’s Xtreme Wear line.  I think that I will start a tag for every polish I come across that’s called Emerald City!  It’s probably the most over used name in nail polishes and as much as I love The Wizard of Oz (I’ve got the movie playing in the background as I write this...) it’s time to retire it in the world of naming colours!
WTF! No "Wicked Witch of the West" polish?!?!




Don't Look at Us!  We Don't Name Them!



But I digress, this version of Emerald City is such a crisp and pretty green that naming it after emeralds is a pretty fair comparison.  It’s also well worth mentioning that my sister wore this polish all week and only got one little chip on her pinkie finger.  What’s really remarkable about that is the fact that she works in shipping & receiving which means she works with her hands, all day long, moving boxes and handling product.  That this polish hardly chipped is a Christmas Miracle!
Before




After



Finally, I have some layering that I really liked!  I started with Maybelline’s Express Finish in Onyx Rush and topped it off with two coats of Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet, a red jelly finish with red glitter:
Yeah, my nails are a mess but that's what happens when you have one eye on your nails and the other on "The Sing Off"
This was a really great combination for two reasons: One, it looks hot!  My sister thought it looked like a glitter version of Sephora by OPI’s I’m With Brad.  Two: I’ve been temping with my sister so I’ve been doing the same work with my hands that she is and this combination of polish didn’t chip either!  We couldn’t ask for more in terms of wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment