Friday, February 18, 2011

Gleek Out & The Buyer’s Remorse

I recently picked up Gleek Out from the Sephora by OPI Glee collection. It’s a super shimmery light lime green that despite the fact it’s pretty, I regret buying it.  There’s nothing wrong with the polish, it’s nice and it applied well.  It’s just so similar to OPI’s Simply Smashing.  They’re not dupes, I just didn’t need two such similar polishes in my stash.  It’s just not original. It’s funny but a lack of originality is part of why I’m not really a fan of this show.  When I watched the pilot, my sister and I took one look at the character Mercedes Jones and we both wondered in which episode would she would belt out And I am Telling You I’m Not Going... 
Answer: Episode 13 

 Really?  A Black girl singing And I am Telling You I’m Not Going?  Man, that’s “original”!  I can’t wait for Tina Cohen Chang’s version of Sukiyaki!


Oh You Did Not Just Say That!

(Waves fingers in the air while snapping) Oh yes I did Girl!  All that aside, both of those ladies are very talented and I don't feel that they deserve that kind of generalization.  

Gleek Out wasn’t the only polish in the collection that looks like another polish from OPI.  I couldn’t help but notice how much Mash Up from the Glee Collection looked like Not Like the Movies from OPI’s Katy Perry Collection. I should have taken a picture of it in the store for a comparison but trust me; they are practically kissing cousins in the colour department.  I don’t know if OPI is spreading themselves too thin with so many collections or am I just disappointed in myself for giving my money to brands I didn’t care for in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment