Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not Like the Movies From The OPI Katy Perry Collection

I Plan to do the Same Thing On My Birthday!
One of the latest of many, many cross promotions crowding up the nail polish world is the Katy Perry Collection from OPI.  This collaboration between the polish giant and the candy coated Proactive pitch girl/singer contains five colours, One of which is Black Shatter and four that are named after songs from her most recent album, Teenage Dream:  Last Friday Night, The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream and the polish I purchased, Not Like the Movies. 

I had no intention of buying anything from this collection initially. Perry’s surely got enough money as it is with record sales, toys, perfumes and pimple medication pimping that I wasn’t keen on giving her any of mine.  
She Would Probably Just Waste it on Whipped Cream Anyway

I know, She’s a beautiful girl and if I were a man, she’d probably have me painfully standing at attention but her music...well, I’m just not going to go there.  Let’s just say, it’s not my style and I always laugh at her Proactive commercial, especially when she says that her pimples were near her mouth “where everyone is looking”...


Yeah Katy, Your Mouth is Totally Where Everyone is Looking...
  
But Not Like the Movies is such a great looking polish that I put down my cash. Check out all of the colours going on in there: grey, green, pink, purple!  
With Flash

Without Flash
 My photos can’t completely capture it in all its glory.  No problems with application but I decided not to pair it with Black Shatter, which came as a pair with Simply Smashing.  I tried some different things with the top coat but I decided that I just don’t like it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment