Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Glamour By Lancome

UPADATE: It Chipped in Less Than 24 Hours
If there's one brand of cosmetics that doesn't turn my crank, it's Lancome.  I can't pinpoint the reason why but whenever I pass a Lancome counter, I barely give them a second glace.  There just seems to be something about their product lines that doesn't seem current to me and I haven't bought anything from them since the mid 90's.  Mind you, I would love to get my hands on a Le Magnetic polish (the one that creates star-like patterns with the use of a magnetic) and despite what it says on the front of that bottle, this isn't one of those coveted shades.

As I said before, I haven't bought anything from Lancome since the mid 90's and this polish, Glamour, was my very last purchase from the brand.  It's a nice, perfectly acceptable bronze with some gold and a small amount of red shimmer throughout.  In a way it's a moot point to review it since the chances of finding a bottle might be slim but it took 3 coats to get an even application and the dry time took about an hour, even with a quick dry.  No wonder I lacked enthusiasm in this polish!  But at the same time, I'd like to think that they have improved the formula through the years.  If there's anything that remains constant, it's theIfact that the cosmetic industry is always changing things. It's flattering on me but I'm not really sure why I'm still hanging onto it.  I guess I'm just being nostalgic...and so in the spirit of 90's nostalgia, I'll leave you with the late great Jeff Buckley:


No comments:

Post a Comment