Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter With Skittles

 I thought I'd get festive with some Easter themed skittles for the long weekend,especially since it's still constantly raining in the Toronto area :(  Can you guess what colours I've used?

On my thumb, we have China Glaze's Lemon Fizz.  If you were ever wondering if LF is a dupe for Essie's Barbuda Banana, I can tell you it's not. I'm planning to post a comparison sometime soon so let's hope my camera cooperates!  I like this colour but it's a tough one to pull off.  I have the feeling that this colour would look best paired with a extremely dark denim wash.  If I had a lighter skin tone, it might look a little washed out.  Plus, application was an issue as well.  I've got 3 coats on there and, as you can see, it's still a bit streaky.  It would definitely take 4 coats to make it smooth but that's a lot of drying time, even with drying drops.

On my index finger, I have Peppermint Patti from MAC.  I sure do like a minty green and I'm glad that the trend has been sticking around. But just like yellow polishes, I find that they need at least three coats if you want even coverage.  That's just 2 coats in the photo and you can see the bald spots quite clearly.

Next up and on my middle finger is China Glaze's For Audrey.  This is one of my favourite polishes of all time.  If I had to throw out all but 10 of my polishes FA would definitely be a keeper!  This Tiffany (or if you live in Canada, Birks) blue always pops when I'm wearing black or white and I never fail to get compliments when I wear it.  There's not as much as an application issue with this colour as I experienced with LF & PP.  You can see that there's a little bit of streaking but it's not that noticeable and with 2 coats, that's pretty good.  I did find lint in the bottle (as per my usual China Glaze complaint) but I've had this polish for a while so they're probably not at fault.
Purple!  I love purple and Done Out in Deco is a pretty good one.  Full coverage in 2 coats so, way to go OPI!  It's not quite a pastel but I found it goes well with the other polishes I selected.  And speaking of pastels:
I don't actually own a pretty pastel pink polish.  Try saying that 10 times fast!  So I chose Essie's Guilty Pleasures and found it went well with the other polishes.  The coverage is good in 2 coats but I had an issue that affected the appearance of GP that had nothing to do with that polish but with one I wore recently.  I  reviewed   Revlon's Scented Polish in Ocean recently and although it's a lovely polish, it stained my nails badly.  I had a difficult time removing it and couldn't completely get rid of the staining on my pinkie.  It's so stained, that it alters the colour of whatever polish I put on top of it.  What a hassle!

I think I might get up early tomorrow morning and head out to see if I can get any marked down chocolate!  Hollow bunnies are not my thing but I do love these 2 two candies in particular:

Mmmm...Sticky!






And I love these even more:
Buttercream Center,  Bitches!
But you know which Easter treat I'll never eat?  Marshmallow Peeps!
They look just like my canary, Patches!  I couldn't shove my little personal peep into my mouth, ewwww!

Happy Easter everybody!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment