Monday, July 25, 2011

First Mate By China Glaze

I don't have too much time for a long post, so today is just straight up talk about the polish day.  I just picked up China Glaze's First Mate from their Anchors Away collection.  This is actually the fifth polish I've picked up from this collection and all of them at a marked down price at the Toronto Beauty & Barber Supply (this one I got from their Orfus Road location).  I was on the fence about buying it, as I had the feeling that it may have been a match for MAC's Spirit of Truth from the Wonder Woman Collection and they're both dark blue cremes.  Well, they are very similar but are not a match as SOT is darker and far more pigmented.  First Mate goes on a bit thinner than SOP does but it only takes two coats to get full coverage and there's no bald spots.  It applied well but didn't wear that long and I got a chip within a day.  That's a shame, because this is the rare blue polish that actually didn't stain my nails badly when I removed it.  That reason alone makes it a keeper and if you had wanted SOT but didn't pick it up, this one's a good substitute!


No comments:

Post a Comment