Monday, July 4, 2011

Mayfair Lilac F by Elizabeth Arden

Part of my first big haul from Cha Ching Liquidation in Eglinton subway station, Mayfair Lilac F by Elizabeth Arden is a pale lilac frost.  Not a shimmer, but a frost which totally makes it your grandma's nail polish!  Frost polishes are not finishes you usually see anymore  and they have really fallen out of favourite with consumers.  I suppose that frost's lack of popularity is due to the resulting streaks on the nail that occur during application and streaks are something that polish enthusiasts never like to see.  Frankly, I didn't find the streaking with MLF to be that bad but the problem was there. I can't say that I liked the colour all that much either.  I'm actually proud that my skin tone can accommodate almost every colour in the rainbow but somehow, this pale shade is just not working for me.  I'm hoping that I'm going to be a little more fond of the other EA polishes I picked up but this one is a bit of a wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment