Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yellow Brick Road by Deborah Lippman

After a good long spell of unemployment, I'm finally starting a new job on Monday and since it's an office environment, I'm going to be limited to a lot more traditional colours during the weekdays. But weekends are going to be an all crazy colour spectacular and that brings me to my latest purchase.  I treated myself to two of the more higher priced polishes around, one of them being Deborah Lippman's Yellow Brick Road.

I always stalled on buying DB polish despite a lot of devotion to the brand from so many polish bloggers.  The main reason was that I wasn't really blown away by the colour range. I feel that for a higher price, I want to see something a little more unique by way of colour choices.  I know that the line has a lot of beloved glitters, but glitter isn't really my big thing.

Rah, Rah, Rah Mama, Ramalama Ding Dong, Dream Mah Mah Mah Mah!
The only polish I was interested in was Yellow Brick Road, the polish worn by Lady Gaga during her performance at the 2011 Grammy Awards.  Normally, I'm not really interested in what celebrities are wearing but I really liked the look of this polish so I figured now was the time to try the brand.  If YBR is any indication of the quality of Lippman polishes, I think that I will make the splurge more often.  The best word I could use describe the quality of this polish is smooth.  It applied so easily, dried quicker than other polishes I own and is exceptionally durable.  I'm on my third day of wear and there isn't one nick or chip anywhere on my nails.  I really like the jelly finish and what surprised me even more is that yellow polishes are notorious for streaky, uneven application, a problem that this polish doesn't have.  I definitely didn't waste my money on this one!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and am really enjoying it. I am really loving yellow nail colors...it's such a fun way to add a burst of color without going crazy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! Yeah I'm really into yellow polish but I have so few since it's difficult to find one that's truly great,

    ReplyDelete