Friday, January 6, 2012

Owl's Night By L'Oreal

Language is a funny thing: take two words, swap their order and you end up with two completely different meanings.  The marketers at L'Oreal could have decided to call this polish Night Owl instead of Owl's Night.  One sounds like a nocturnal bird, the other like an awesome premise for a horror movie.  Either way, I ended up with a dark & sparkly polish that could have easily ended up looking green but instead is a black polish with abundant gold shimmer.  The formula is, however, quite thin and needs 3 coats instead of 2 in order to avoid bald spots and very obvious tip wear.

Edward Hopper's Nighthawks
I used to be a night owl but long gone are the days that I could stay up for days and days and feel no ill effects. These days, I find myself crawling into my bed at 7:30 PM on a Friday night and passing out immediately!  I sort of miss the days of stumbling into all night diners and donut shops to chow down for the morning and listening to the birds chirping away as the sun came up...

No comments:

Post a Comment