Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures In Layering With Let Me Go & Onyx Rush

With the Spring season comes Spring Cleaning, some of which involved 2 years of sorting stuff, putting it in  bags and then jamming them into my closet.  I recently updated my nail polish list (that I started at the beginning of the year) so that I could have a better grasp of how many polishes I have and to help me to do a little bit of weeding out as well.  By the time I was done with the sorting and swatching, I found that I am the obsessive owner of 379 nail polishes!  Boy was I surprised:
Why, It Made My Head Spin...
I remembered a promise I made to myself a few months ago that I would try some layering with Sinful Colors Let Me Go, a very sheer lavender.  I slapped it over Maybelline's Black Onyx (my go to black polish for layering).  You can imagine that I was surprised by the results, since I expected to still see some lavender or purple in the combination or something that looked milky and crappy.  There was a little bit of bubbling but check out the green & blue douchrome results:
At least it was a good surprise!  Here it is with flash:
Frankly, my ass is so broke that I expect that I'll be trying a few new combinations pretty soon,  especially since this one turned out so well. I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'm planning on watching Ken Russell's 1988 horror cult crazy-fest, Lair of the White Worm,  which I don't think I've seen since I saw it in a theatre that same year.  It stars Adam Ant's ex-girlfriend, Amanda Donohoe & Hugh Grant and it's about the shenanigans that arise when an English Lady moves in next door to an English Lord, you know, British stuff...
Actually, Your Weekend Could Totally End Up Like This in the '80's!

No comments:

Post a Comment